Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Yes I did

Civic duty done. Forty odd minute wait around ten thirty. Chatter in
the line that these were the longest waits of the day though turnout
had been brisk since the polls open. As always an inspiring moment,
voting. At that hour a lot of parents with kids in line, a cop handing
out paper and crayons to the rugrats. All of them behaving (except
maybe the one who made a dash for an open elevator door). All good.
Now we just wait. I took the day off for reasons unrelated to the
election, and am going to spend the afternoon with the devine Max:
Lola Montes is in theaters and I shall go to see.

So I hope I send this to the right blog. Typing on the iphone from a
bench in Coolidge corner next to a playground. Some kid behind me got
stuck on the jungle gym, yelling for help. Looks like one of the
teachers or maybe his mom got him down. A happy ending! Let's hope
the country gets a happy ending too!

No comments: