I got the link on Slacktivist - he comments:
Hope is not a plan. Feckless optimism is even less of a plan. So what is the plan? When the U.S. transfers sovereignty in Iraq on June 30, who will we be transferring sovereignty to? What assurance can we have that this transfer will not simply open the floodgates to even more violence, if not outright civil war? What steps are being taken to prevent the new Iraq from becoming an Iranian-style religious autocracy or, even worse, a failed state in which terrorists find a safe haven? (Or some combination of the two -- such as Taliban-era Afghanistan?)
Slacktivist is writing about the claim that John Kerry doesn't have a "plan" for getting us out of Iraq - pointing out that Bush has nothing, and Bush - being responsible for the mess and currently in charge - better get one...
I have no illusions. Bush has mishandled it from the beginning and will continue, and until he's voted out, we're stuck with the problem. I can't imagine Kerry not doing a better job, unlder any circumstances.

No comments:
Post a Comment