I see a new purpose for this blog. I have a new computer, a laptop, with wireless capabilities, and this should allow me, once I get things working, to post from various far corners of the world. I don't know how useful that really is, but it's something. So what to blog from these far corners of the world? Well, sometimes, yes, I will have something to say - and in those cases, sure, I can post to my "real" blog (the famed Listening Ear) - but one imagines many times when one will want to write something, but not have anything important to write. Thus -
Or, what I really mean - this is probably a license to metablog. Blog about blogging. Or write about writing. Or blog about the red sox. That's what I am doing - watching Bronson Arroyo shut down the Tigers - though there he goes...
But seriously - this is a chance, I think, to use a laptop the way laptops should be use. I have not done so int he past - i have had access to laptops through the years - have had them as my main computer a few years in there - but almost never used them as laptops. Most models have been too heavy - or the keyboard simply isn't adequate (I had a Mac Duo for a while - great machine in a dock, but almost unusable keyboard)... so this machine, which is light and compact, and wireless, is very usable as a laptop. And so... here we are.
Anyway: I hope, if I start metablogging here, it is somewhat interesting metablogging. There is potential. And, of course, the other temptation is to start using this as a straight journal, as well. That works - and using this mobilely ought to offer some opportunities for that kind of thing. So - here's to it. May it be worth the bother.
Thursday, August 26, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment