Thursday, August 26, 2004

If yer gonna metablog, metablog... Blogger has added a much despised feature, the "Navbar", a feature I don't think anyone needed or wanted... But I gotta note - it adds one interesting feature: the "Next blog" button. I don't know how it decides what the "next blog" is - something random - but it is a fascinating, almost addictive, experience. We alll know there are thousands on thousands of blogs out there - we know the circle of blogs that get referenced by the blogs I read is tiny, no matter how many there seem to be... But leafing through them, like leafing through pages in a book...

You could turn it into a game - how many blogs can you click on before hitting one you have a) read, b) linked to? (I won't bother with c) linked to you, since I've never done this enought o draw even marginal attention.) I didn't count - but I have linked to this one: Keith Burgess Jackson - not on his site, somewhere else - my post being here. Interesting. Course the firsat one I get is kind of a crank - a right wing "philosopher"...

Oh well. This has taken me half an hour to write, because indeed, I have been leafing through the "nexts" seeing what I could find.

Or - how long before you loop back to where you started? Or - perhaps more likely - to spam, or the equivalent?

I have to stop. But I admit - that is one almost worthwhile feature to this navbar thing. Something to do. I pity the fool who finds this blog, though.

No comments: