Friday, September 03, 2004

Maybe I should try baseball blogging. The Red Sox are up, 2-0 in the 9th - 2 idiots just ran onto the field. One got flattened, apparently, by security. Been awhile since that sort of thing has happened - used to happen all the time, I think theyvecleaned things up lately. This has been quite a run the last few weeks - Sox getting better and better as the season goes - sweeping the Angels, now with a chance to keep the Rangers out of the race - and a chance to get to within 2.5 of the Yanks. Pedro brilliant tonight - after Lowe was very strong last night - only Arroyo has had a bad start in the last - what, week and a half? And he's been good coming into this week. Fun stuff...

Runner on, on a dribbler. Ball - that would have been a strike last night. Yesterday's home plate umping was as bad as I have ever seen it. Consistent - fair - that at least I'll give the guy - he called everything anywhere near thhe outside corner a strike - for ether team. But the hitters were lost....

There it is: 2.5 out - 10 straight wins - longest stretch since 1995 - the last time the Sox won the division! It's a beautiful thing. A shut out - wonderful thing.

No comments: