Here I am, in the living room, watching the red sox, things going badly, Yanks up 3-1, seems like maybe Lowe went to the well once too often, though they always say, sinkerballers get tougher when they are tired - we will see. Johnny Damon will be back on Saturday. Wow - a generous call. Two...
No one is asking for play by play. They have Tim McCarver for that. I was going to say something about that new camera commercial, with the Cure song. The premise being, something like a tour of a city, with people, things, places, caught as snapshots, levels of pictures all threw the shots. It's a common effect - it's interesting though - striking - and seems fresh, somehow. The music helps - the song, the editing, the play of the shots, editing, and the snapshots, the alternative spaces... AH, I'm not quite up to serious stylistic analysis as the moment, sorry, cause it would be interesting. But it's an interesting commercial - better than a video - better, probably, than the original video, though I don't remember the original...
Onwards. The sox are in trouble. Man at third, one out - we shall see. I can't give the blow by blow, right? No. But there's a given - Soriano strikes out. There's hope, but they had Pettitte early and didn't take it - scary.
Thursday, October 09, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment