More in the series of things this blog is not about:
(3) Me: God I hope not. I don't want to write about myself, and wouldn't want to read about me. Autogiography, I trust, will never serve as more than an organizing device....
(4) This Blog: So far, of course, that is all this is about. But that is a function of learning the software, discovering a tone, a reason to write here - and getting in the habit of posting here. I trust the mechanics will soon fade into the background, except insofar as mechanics themselves are interesting. With luck, though, the inspiration for mechanical/formalist commentary will be something other than my own scribbling.
(5) Other people's blogs: I haven't done any of this yet, but I see plenty of it on the blogs I read. Endless rounds of metacommentary on what all the other bloggers are saying about each other. Even when there are fairly substantive issues being discussed - say, the John Lott controversy - all too often the discussion turns into a string of links around and around the circle. Obviously, this is not relevant for me at this point, as I am not making any attempt to engage with anyone out in the world - but once you start engaging, it's easy to spend all your time commenting on the commentators.
Saturday, May 17, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment