Second in a continuing series of what this Blog is not about.
(2) Comics
The reason comics takes pride of place in this list of denial is that I have been thinking about comics and am tempted to write about them here. Comics may be the main subject here for a while, but even if that is true, I don't think it will stay true. If, for example, I were to extract the parts about comic books from the three in one post a day or so back, and make something legit of it, it would, before we got a paragrpah or two in, turn into something else. Turn from comics to books - to music, movies - turn, at the very least, from comic books to comic strips... And from the begining, that subject (me and comics) is as much autobiography as anything about comics as such - though don't get your hopes up, that won't make it more focused. I may start with what comic books mean to me, but befre you know it, I could be talking about the Know Nothing party. (I'm going to have to write the essay just to explain that - how do you get from comic boks to the Know nothings? Two words - Jack Chick....)
Saturday, May 17, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment